Domestic Union Cards™ Separation

If a couple that holds Domestic Union Cards™ separates, they must inform New Family of their change in status. They are also obligated to inform the relevant government authorities of their change in status if they are receiving benefits as a couple or if one of the spouses is in the process of immigration or naturalization on the basis of their status as a couple. No divorce procedure is required, and the couple does not need to inform any religious authorities.